Attaining Maximum Value and Best Terms in the Sale of Your Technology Company
David Stastny, Managing Director of Centaur Partners, presents the core aspects of the Technology Buyer's key valuation and diligence checklist. David helps guide your technology company towards achieving maximum valuation from the optimal buyer of your company. He highlights critical due diligence focus areas while offering real-world guidance as to how to position your company for optimal valuation. David offers best practices for answering critical questions and addresses the following topics:
- How important is a large Total Available Market (TAM), as contrasted with a focused, niche or regional "go to market" plan?
- What is the best technique to present your management team's expertise and founder team dynamics to a potential Buyer?
- How do you best convey your technical team's background, unique skills and prior development successes?
- What is the optimal way to position your current product growth opportunity and future development plan in order to impress the Buyer's diligence team?
- How important is the value of proprietary IP (awarded and applied for patients, trademarks, etc.)?
- How will the Buyer assess your current investor base?
- What should you expect in negotiating a LOI and then a definitive purchase agreement?
- What is the best way to negotiate retention packages, options and escrow "holdback" with the Buyer?
Additionally, David addresses questions from the audience at the end of the webinar. Watch it now.
Request a Recording
of the webinar
Compared to consumer-grade solutions, ShareVault virtual data rooms offer many features that give you control and document intelligence with the highest level of document-protection and monitoring available. Learn more.