White Paper: The Nuts & Bolts of Selecting a CRO
The clinical trial industry is highly regulated with a complex landscape. Contract Research Organizations (CROs) are a big part of any strategic product development life cycle. Sponsoring companies of new drugs, devices or biologics may outsource all or part of their clinical research. These service providers or vendors range from niche to full service capabilities, which a sponsor of a clinical trial(s) would need to define and assess. Procurement of the best fit CRO involves a variety of processes and people.
This white paper evaluates the following:
- Determining internal champions/selection committees
- Strategic sourcing/Procurement workflow/checklist
- Documentation and Regulations
- Challenges of CRO Outsourcing
- Best practices to get best value