Best Practices for Fundraising and M&A Due Diligence – Avoiding Nightmares & Optimizing Value
Mergers and acquisitions can be a vital part of a company’s long-term growth strategy, serving to expand product portfolios, inject capital, gain valuable market share, and increase profits. At the heart of any merger or acquisition is the critical due diligence process. When executed correctly, attentive due diligence, conducted on both sides of the negotiation, will ensure both parties realize synergy and value and avoid a whole host of business and legal pitfalls.
Buying or selling a company is not a one-time event; it’s a commitment to a continuous process in which rigor should be maintained throughout.
Based on our web panel discussion of the same name, this white paper explores:
- The importance of establishing early goals and objectives for the process
- How to get the right people to ask the right questions in advance of the process so you’re “dressed-up and ready for the party”
- How to build credibility by defining goals and demonstrating they can be achieved
- How to avoid cramming and back peddling in the midst of diligence and negotiations
- How to avoid cultural clashes, litigation, and epic losses
- Modern-day SaaS tools that facilitate and expedite the due diligence process
Find full bios of the content contributors below...
Compared to consumer-grade solutions, ShareVault virtual data rooms offer many features that give you control and document intelligence with the highest level of document-protection and monitoring available. Learn more.